Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Albertsons Shop & Share


I thought I would share my recent shopping trip to Albertsons.  I haven't done this in awhile (share, that is - I shop all the time!). . . so here goes:

Total value of order:  $134.59
Preferred Savings:  $51.52
Coupon Savings:  $24.80
Total Out of Pocket:  $58.27
(additional $10 catalina print - Total Savings:  $86.32 - 64%)

I don't know what else I could do with my time that would make me $86 an hour!  Some will say that you can't buy items you need on a daily basis using coupons.  Not true!  This order consisted of:

5lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 pkg. Ore-Ida mashed potatoes
1 lb. sour cream
1 gallon milk
1 loaf Roman Meal bread
1 pkg. hamburger buns
2 pkgs. popcorn
1 bag tortilla chips
1 pkg. flour tortillas
1 Lawry's marinade
(15) 32oz. bottles Powerade
2 pkgs. Hunts pudding
4 cans Bush's beans
4 Marie Calender Homestyle Creations
2 Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers
4 bottles Hunts ketchup
8 cans tomato sauce
1 Renuzit Air Fresherner Crystals

All usable items, agreed?  While buying items I need, I'm also able to stock up (tomato sauce and Powerade, for example).  When you coupon shop regularly, you don't need to buy those same essential items each week.  Your shelves are stocked because you're using your coupons to buy your pantry items in bulk when they're on sale.  Even though cereal is on sale this week -  I already have 32 boxes in my pantry (yes, it's a large walk-in pantry) and I bought each one for under a dollar.  Stocking up on commonly used items when on sale, is a smart and efficient way to grocery shop. 

This is Grocery Smarts way of helping your dollar go further.  Not only can you save on your groceries, but you can also save on your household and personal care items.  For example, our home is so well stocked with deodorant, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toilet paper and razors -- I won't buy these items unless I get them for free.  Let me share with you how you can do the same.  Please visit the free website and then call me when you're ready to learn more.  We have a fun, simple way of explaining the details to you and your friends.  It doesn't take long, (about an hour) and you'll leave with a set of skills that will enable you to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I shopped at Smiths and here's how it went:
    - Total amount spent: $28.21
    - member savings: $16.92
    - coupon savings: $2.00
    = total amount saved: $18.92 (40%)
    PLUS a $5.00 catalina, so really, I saved about $24 on a $28 bill. WOOHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a 53% savings including your catalina print. You got $47.13 worth of groceries for $23.21! Isn't it amazing when you know how to make the system work for you?

    ReplyDelete