Here's the Albertsons new coupon policy. I've highlighted the most significant changes. For those of you who keep a copy of store coupon policies with your coupons, you can to HERE to print.
Albertsons New Coupon Acceptance Policy
Albertsons New Coupon Acceptance Policy
Albertsons promotes a coupon friendly shopping experience and encourages customers to participate in store, manufacturer and internet coupon use. The following policy guidelines are current, but Albertsons may change this policy at any time and policy changes may not be advertised. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. The current policy information can be discussed with individual store management but is not posted in each store.
Coupons – Definition: Coupons are a form of tender to reduce an order total based on merchandise purchased. Retailers are not required by law to accept manufacturers’ coupon. Coupons can be in print and/or in electronic form, and may be integrated into the register systems where they are deducted automatically when all purchase requirements are met.
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Coupons are accepted in accordance to the stated requirements on the coupon at the time of purchase. These requirements include, but are not limited to: product type, flavor(s), size(s), quantities and minimum/maximum dollar purchase limits.
- Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Albertsons only accepts original coupons and does not accept photocopied or reproduced coupons (including multiple prints of same series internet coupons).
- Albertsons does not accept expired coupons. Printed expiration dates are verified in addition to scanning the coupon for validity.
- Coupons stating “on next/future purchase or visit” cannot be used in the transaction in which they are generated. Next purchase is defined as a separate transaction.
- The coupon redemption value on ‘Free’ coupons may not exceed the value of the item. Albertsons will accept ONE manufacturer coupon and ONE store coupon on the same qualifying item. (Twice the Value coupons are considered a store coupon.)
- Albertsons does not accept competitor coupons. (Coupons generated by any competitor with competitor logo are considered competitor coupons.)
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
- Albertsons reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Coupons issued by manufacturers contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “manufacturer coupon”.
- Albertsons adheres to all manufacturer redemption guidelines.
- Albertsons may issue private promotion “manufacturer coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at Albertsons” in which Albertsons is the only retailer that will accept.
- Coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will have the remaining amount applied to the balance of the transaction. In the event a transaction balance results in a "credit", additional items WILL be added/suggested to the order to utilize the remaining value of the coupon. We will not provide any "cash back" on coupons; however we will provide full redemption value.
- Albertsons accepts internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
o Coupons must scan at checkout.
o Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
o Coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
- Albertsons does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
o FREE product without a required purchase.
o A redemption value that exceeds $5.00.
o The absence of a clear and scannable UPC bar code.
o Same serial numbers (internet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number of coupons that can be printed from same computer).
o The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
- Albertsons offers of Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) promotions in their weekly advertisement can be combined with Buy One, Get One Free manufacturer coupons to result in BOTH items being Free. The items in the manufacturer coupon must exactly match our weekly advertisement offers and meet the redemption criteria.