Friday, December 11, 2009

Albertsons General Mills Promo

Okay, here we go again with the General Mills Promo at Albertsons and the sometimes fickle catalina printer! Please remember this promo will print a $5 catalina coupon for your purchase of a minimum of $15 in participating products AFTER MANUFACTURER COUPONS HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED. So plan your purchases accordingly. Here's how it went for me. (Sorry everything wouldn't fit in one picture!)


I did multiple transactions (5 total), with 4 transactions planned to trip the catalina print by buying General Mills products, using my coupons, and leaving a balance of at least $15.00.

The Catalina coupon printed only once. After each transaction, I told the checker I had expected a catalina print on the advertised promo. She checked the receipt, checked the ad, spoke with the store manager and gave me $5 off my next transaction. The store manager said the issue is with the Catalina company and she was going to call them again. She told me I was not the first who had the problem (and she didn't think I would be the last). This has been happening since the promo started on Wednesday. My Albertsons (on E. Charleston & Sloan and I think every Albertsons) wants happy customers and they are doing what they can by deducting $5 on your next order or refunding $5 in cash.

So please, if the catalina doesn't print and you believe you should have received it, ASK. Albertsons personnel are fully aware of the issue. SOMETIMES (I repeat, sometimes) the catalina won't print if you've used coupons in your transaction. Then again, sometimes it will!


Aside from the possibility of having to work for the $5 catalina, this is a great promo for stocking up! By the way -- hope you noticed I purchased items I would need throughout the week that weren't a part of the promo. Yes, those are fresh blackberries. =)

I saved $118.06 on groceries valued

at $195.06 --

60% Savings!

Total out of pocket: $77.00

No comments:

Post a Comment