Thursday, September 17, 2009

Because I'm Grandma


Because I'm Grandma, I'm expected by certain younger, shorter people in my family to have my pantry fully stocked with the favorite snack items. Fruit by the Foot is the current favorite. My children (who pay the dental bills) have disallowed these items in their own homes (but I did mention I was the Grandma, right?). So as you can see, I am now prepared. Interestingly enough I'm finding the '3 month coupon rule' is very accurate. Coupons on most items will 'recycle' at least once approximately every three months. The last time I stocked this item was in June when I found a 'killer' sale on them at Vons. I was down to one box in the pantry when I caught this sale at Smith's this week. :) I was able to buy 12 boxes of cereal and 16 boxes of Fruit by the Foot for a total of $22.82.
Total value of sale: $83.72
Coupon & store savings: $60.90
Total OOP: $22.82

No comments:

Post a Comment