Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Brand Loyalty vs. Savings


I love Jif peanut butter. I guess you could say I'm a peanut butter snob. Who knows why I love the products I do, but I've always used Sure Deodorant, Pantene hair products, Heinz ketchup, and Tide detergent just to name a few. There's no accounting for some peoples tastes. When our kids were younger, I would experiment with generic brands to try to save money but was not often satisfied. I like name brands. And I like my favorite name brands best. Since becoming a Grocery Smart shopper, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and experimenting with other brands -- other name brands, not generics -- and finding I can sometimes be just as happy with the outcome. I recently discovered Hunts ketchup is pretty good (my family didn't even notice the difference)! Don't get me wrong. I'm still on the lookout for great buys on my favorites so I can stock up, but I'm also more open to the possibility of being surprised by products I would not have even considered in the past. Using Grocery Smarts and my newspaper coupons, I don't have to spend a lot of money to try something new. Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment