Sunday, June 6, 2010

How Much Are You Saving With Coupons?

It's common for people to wonder how much can actually be saved using coupons.  Is the savings worth what some consider to be a 'great effort'?  I'll let you decide.

In today's Review Journal, I found these coupons for products that my family will use:
$0.55/1 Hormel Deli Meat
$1/1 Nexcare Bandages
$0.75/2 Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponges
$2/1 Kerasal (Can I just tell you this stuff is fantastic!  Our family is famous for those dry, cracked, sandpaper heels!  Maybe that's TMI.  Anyway, I'm always giving this to my daughters and telling they to TAKE THE TIME TO USE IT!  It works like magic.  Really.)
$2/1 Biz
$1/1 Biz
$0.50/1 French's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
$1/1 Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste
$0.75/1 Ban Solid Deodorant
$0.40/1 Ban Product
$1/1 Sea Breeze
$1/1 Nabisco Crackerfuls
$0.50/2 Jello gelatin or pudding
$2/1 Bic Shavers, assorted
$3/1 John Frieda Root Awakenings Product
$2/1 John Frieda Hair Care Product
$3/1 Olay Pro-X Facial Moisturizer of Facial Cleanser (Parade Magazine)

These coupons total $22.45 - which I think is a pretty healthy savings.

BUT WAIT!  I get 5 newspapers - which makes the total savings $112.25!
The total for my 5 newspaper subscriptions (6 month -Sunday only delivery) is $123.50'
The savings in today's paper alone nearly paid for all my subscriptions and I'll still be receiving similar savings in the remaining 25 weeks.

So the answer to the question "Is couponing worth it?"  The answer for me is a resounding YES!  I am saving money on my subscriptions because I get a ridiculous rate (the same rate you can get from me through Grocery Smarts), and I'm also saving money at the store by saving an average of 60% off the full price on EVERYTHING - personal toiletries, packaged lunchmeat, cheese, eggs, laundry supplies, paper products, canned and packaged groceries, deli counter meats, allergy medications, EVERYTHING!

When you're ready to realize the same savings at your house, call me:  303-0171.  I can help you learn how to coupon effectively (without any 'great effort') and get you the best subscription rate available for the Las Vegas Review Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment