Friday, February 18, 2011

Smith's Shop & Tell 2/18

Today's Smith's Shopping Trip

Double Your Savings Participating Items:
(Some of the items I'd intended to buy were not available - I got the last mac & cheese and there were no Grands biscuits.  Smith's didn't have any Spring Oreo Cookies, so I had to juggle and lost count of my items!  I ended up with 52 and could have bought more BBQ sauce to adjust, but didn't know until my transaction was complete what the count was on my participating items.)
12 boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
1 5-pack Kraft Mac & Cheese
3 Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mixes
10 Campbell’s Chunky Soups (stock-up price)
13 Kraft BBQ Sauces (stock up price)
2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes
2 Capri Suns
1 Country Crock Margarine (got this free in the Smith's Instant Win Game)
8 Totinos Pizzas (stock up price)
52 participating items = (5) $3 Catalina coupons printed
2 lbs Kroger Shredded Cheese
2 lb Kroger Cheese block
5lb Kroger Sugar
1 Smuckers Jam
1 Gal Milk
2 Pot Roasts
1 Loaf Bread
Total Value: $174.54
Paid Out of Pocket: $76.55
Savings: $97.99(56%)
Catalinas Printed: (5) $3/Next Purchase = $15
Total Savings including Catalinas: $112.99(64%)
All in all, it was a pretty good trip.  Remember when you're shopping you will be buying items that you need that you may not have coupons for.  For instance, I got Kroger cheese and the pot roasts on sale - but no coupons.  The milk and bread were a good price, but not on sale.  And finally, my husband wouldn't have let me in the house if I had come home without jam so I paid a little more than I wanted, but so what?!

The object is to save as much money as you can each week.  Keep in mind your needs and be creative in adjusting your menu to what you can find on sale!  Sometimes we can save 75% or more on a shopping trip.  I'm happy if I can consistently save 50 - 60%.  I'm not trying to be an 'extreme couponer', I'm just stretching my budget wherever I can and not stressing over the little stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment